Jumpstart your GoFundMe campaign
Tips and ready-to-go content to help you raise funds to purchase The Walking Classroom
We know how cash-strapped many school districts and out-of-school time organizations are, so we’ve pulled together some content that can be used on GoFundMe (or DonorsChoose and other fundraising platforms) to help you raise funds for Walking Classroom materials for your students.
We highly recommend taking advantage of #GivingTuesday (November 28, 2017) and the end-of-year holiday giving season to kick off your campaign.
Reach out to parents, friends, family, and others in your community to help spread the word about your campaign. Make sure to let us know about your campaign so we can also help you spread the word via social media.
Don’t forget to mention our Fall sale. Money you raise will go 20% farther through 12/31/17!
Helpful links and downloads (more to come)
- Descriptive text about The Walking Classroom
- Statistical data, sample goals, and more TWC descriptive content to include
- #GivingTuesday Ideas for Schools
- Custom #GivingTuesday logo (Right-click [or control-click on Mac OS] and select “save image as” or “save target as”):
- The Walking Classroom horizontal logo:
- The Walking Classroom stacked logo:
Sample social media posts (more to come)
- “Help kick off the giving season & make a difference this #GivingTuesday by donating on 11/28: [Link to your campaign page] @GivingTues”
- “Help us increase physical activity in our classroom. Donate this #GivingTuesday for #TheWalkingClassroom. [Link to your campaign page]”
- “We’re getting close to building healthy habits & improving health literacy in our class. Donate #GivingTuesday [Link to your campaign page]”
- “Join the worldwide #GivingTuesday movement and help redefine the giving spirit this holiday season! Visit [Link to your campaign page] to learn how you can make a difference in our classroom.”
- “Over 30% of children in the US are overweight or obese. Help us increase physical activity in our classroom to combat this alarming trend. Donate this #GivingTuesday for #TheWalkingClassroom materials for our class. [Link to your campaign page]”
- “Students who are physically active do better in school. Help our class build healthy habits and improve academic success with #TheWalkingClassroom. Donate this #GivingTuesday (11/28). [Link to your campaign page]”
- “Help our class raise funds to get our own #TheWalkingClassroom set. #GivingTuesday
- “After you make a donation here [Link to your campaign page0, post an #UNselfie! Remember to use the hashtag #GivingTuesday.”
Learn more about The Walking Classroom
- How The Walking Classroom Works
- Read about the science behind The Walking Classroom
- Read success stories from some of our Walking Classroom adopters
- Read student comments about The Walking Classroom
- Check out our most recent year-end survey results
Want to learn more about fundraising?