Everything you need to get started
The web-based version of The Walking Classroom mobile app works the same as our traditional app but is sold in bulk and recommended for classrooms and groups of 10 or more. For individual or small-group subscriptions, please download the app from the app stores and subscribe via in-app purchase.
How the Web-Based Mobile App Works
This version of The Walking Classroom mobile app is a progressive web app that will run in most web browsers both on mobile devices and computers. (Both Apple and Android/Windows.)
Functionally the same as our traditional app from the app stores, our web-based app:
- Requires no download
- Offers the ability to add a shortcut icon to device home screens
- Uses less data/resources on devices
- Requires no updates
- Uses https for safe access
Users Must Be Pre-Registered
After purchase, users are pre-registered within our system to enable immediate access to all app content (rather than requiring an in-app subscription as with our traditional app). Pre-registration steps include:
- The school/teacher/purchaser populates the provided spreadsheet with user account information (e.g., emails, passwords, etc.)
- Users are uploaded to our system by Walking Classroom personnel
- Sample accounts are tested by Walking Classroom personnel
- Classes can start using the app in about two weeks!
Prices start at $3.99/user/month and go as low as $2.09/user/month. Subscriptions are available for 3-, 6-, 9-, and 12-month terms.
Our optional Support Contract provides a free electronic App Teacher’s Guide, additional support, services, and training to help smooth the way to successful program implementation.
››› View the Support Contract details here
- Watch a brief training video on how to access and use the web-based app (includes guidance for #2 below)
- Provide a listing of students, email addresses, and passwords for pre-registering the user accounts (template provided upon purchase)
- Get clearance from IT department to ensure that school-issued devices and school network can support the app (using the IT form)
- Ensure that each user has access to a school-issued or personal tablet or smartphone
- Students using the program watch a training video about using the app
- Educators who are new to The Walking Classroom program should complete our free, online basic training on implementing and using the program in a classroom or OST setting — ~30 minutes.
- Educators create their free Adopter Resources account on our website to access tons of supplemental resources for every podcast as well as helpful implementation tools (details provided upon subscription)