It’s that time of year again! Yes, that’s right! It’s time for The Walking Classroom’s Illustration Contest! Have your students dig out those crayons, colored pencils, and/or markers and get creative as they illustrate The Walking Classroom in action!
Students should choose one of the three categories below. No matter which option is chosen, students should be sure to include plenty of color. And remember, neatness counts!
- Draw pictures of their class walking, listening and learning (and, of course, smiling!).
- Illustrate their favorite podcast.
- Create a before and after walking illustration. What does the student/class look like before and then after a Walking Classroom lesson?
To celebrate the winners and to show our thanks for their participation, the winning illustrations will be published on The Walking Classroom’s blog in early April. The winning illustrations in each category will receive the following prizes:
• Winner – $50 Amazon gift card
• Runner-up – $25 Amazon gift card
Note: Teachers of first place winners will also receive a $75 Amazon gift card!
- Only one illustration per paper.
- Students can submit as many illustrations as they like, but they must be on the contest entry form.
- Entries must remain UNFOLDED.
Entries must be postmarked by Friday, March 16, 2018, and should be mailed to:
The Walking Classroom
1414 Raleigh Road, Suite 295
Chapel Hill, NC 27517
All entries will become the property of The Walking Classroom Institute and will not be returned. If students’ illustrations are incorporated into our communications, students’ last names will not be used.
Click here to download the contest entry form.
Tanya Robinson-Freeman says
OMGoodness, absolutely love to see what my students are thinking about when they Walk, Listen, and Learn. I get excited about their level of creativity!
Amy Andrus says
I love this opportunity to incorporate Art into my students’ walking classroom experience!