It’s that time of year again! Yes, that’s right! It’s time for The Walking Classroom’s Annual Illustration Contest! Give your students some time to get creative! Dig out those crayons, colored pencils, and/or markers and have them illustrate The Walking Classroom in action!
Students can choose one of the three categories below. No matter which option is chosen, students should be sure to include plenty of color. And remember, neatness counts!
- Draw a picture of a class walking, listening and learning (and, of course, smiling!).
- Illustrate a favorite podcast.
- Create a before and after walking illustration. What does the student/class look like before and then after a Walking Classroom lesson?
To celebrate the winners and to show our thanks for their participation, the winning illustrations will be published on The Walking Classroom’s blog in April. The winning illustrations in each category will receive the following prizes:
• Winner – $50 Amazon gift card
• Runner-up – $25 Amazon gift card
Note: Teachers of the three first place winners will receive a $75 Amazon gift card!
- Only one illustration per paper.
- Students can submit as many illustrations as they like, but they must be on the contest entry form.
- Entries must remain UNFOLDED.
Entries must be postmarked by Friday, March 20, 2020, and should be mailed to:
The Walking Classroom
1414 Raleigh Road, Suite 295
Chapel Hill, NC 27517
All entries will become the property of The Walking Classroom Institute and will not be returned. If students’ illustrations are incorporated into our communications, students’ last names will not be used.
Click here to download the contest entry form.