It’s almost back-to-school time and we’re excited to share our favorite idioms podcast bundle with you — for FREE!
With the CDC’s latest recommendations for kids to be back in school but masked or socially distanced, we wanted to make sure you had some extra tools in your arsenal to make that a little bit easier and a lot more fun.
The Walking Classroom is a great way for kids to get supplemental academic instruction, fresh air and exercise, AND stay socially distant.
- Try out our idioms podcast bundle in your remaining summer programs.
- Encourage your students’ families to walk, listen, and learn with their kids. (If they want more, there is always our mobile app with 26 free podcasts to sample!)
Don’t forget, all Walking Classroom podcasts also include a health message to build health literacy and a character value to support social and emotional learning. Enjoy!
FREE FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE PODCAST BUNDLE
Idioms are groups of words that, when said together, have an understood meaning that is different from what the words actually mean. All languages have idioms, and sometimes it can be difficult for people who are learning a new language to understand the meanings behind them. Learn more in this podcast!
Health Message: Exercise and its effect on mood
Character Value: Being considerate
When you access the idioms podcast bundle, you’ll get:
- The 13-minute Idioms podcast
- The Idioms podcast lesson plan
- The Idioms podcast quiz
- The Unit slide deck
- Related curated video links
- Additional activity resources including:
- a hands-on activity
- a printable worksheet
- a virtual field trip
- a multi-day project