STEM Curriculum Podcasts!
Studies show that active kids do better in school. Physical activity not only helps kids stay healthy and strong, but it can also contribute to higher test scores, improved attendance, better behavior in class, enhanced leadership skills, and a lifetime of healthy habits.
The STEM curriculum includes over 60 fun, science-related podcasts that each begin with a brief introduction in Spanish. They also incorporate health messages and weave character values throughout the narrative to support social and emotional learning.
“Now we get to go outside and learn at the same time! The Walking Classroom makes me want to go to school and learn more about science.” — Regis, 7th grader
Here is how it works
›› See list of STEM podcast topics
›› Topic alignment with NGSS
›› Listen to a sample podcast The Human Body’s Slimy Shields
›› Listen to more sample podcasts
›› Download the Human Body’s Slimy Shields Lesson Plan
But does it work?
Yes! Follow the links below to learn more.
- Read the results of a research study by researchers at UNC-CH that confirms the impact of walking on learning
- Read about the science behind The Walking Classroom
- Read success stories from some of our Walking Classroom adopters
- Read student comments about The Walking Classroom
- Check out our most recent year-end survey results