It’s that time of year again!
Yes, that’s right! It’s time for The Walking Classroom’s Illustration Contest! While winter may not have blanketed everyone’s landscape in whiteness, the grayer skies and cooler temperatures many folks are experiencing would certainly benefit from the brightness and warmth a generous splash of color is capable of creating. Have your students dig out those crayons, colored pencils, and/or markers and get creative as they illustrate The Walking Classroom in action!
Students should choose one of the three options below. No matter which option is chosen, be sure to include plenty of color. And remember, neatness counts!
- Draw pictures of themselves and their classmates walking, listening and learning (and, of course, smiling!).
- Illustrate their favorite podcast.
- Create a before and after walking illustration. What does the student/class look like before and then after a Walking Classroom lesson?
To celebrate the winners and to show our thanks for their participation, the winning illustrations will be published on The Walking Classroom’s blog in late March, and the three winners will receive the following prizes:
- First place – $50 Amazon gift card
- Second place – $25 Amazon gift card
- Third place – $25 Amazon gift card
Teachers of winning student entries will also receive a $50 Amazon gift card!
1. Only one illustration per paper.
2. Students can submit as many illustrations as they like, but they must be on the contest entry form.
3. Entries must remain UNFOLDED.
Entries must be postmarked by Friday, March 10, 2017, and should be mailed to:
The Walking Classroom
1414 Raleigh Road, Suite 295
Chapel Hill, NC 27517
All entries will become the property of The Walking Classroom Institute and will not be returned. If students’ illustrations are incorporated into our communications, students’ last names will not be used.