Who Are The Walking Classroom Ambassadors?
The current Walking Classroom Ambassadors include the following teachers and out-of-school time professionals. As you can see, our Ambassadors come from all across the United States!
• Nancy Carroll, Massachusetts (2016)
• Diane Denniston, Nebraska (2017)
• Holly Dent, Colorado (2016)
• Dr. Casey Ewy, Kansas (2017)
• Kari Lawson, Tennessee (2017)
• Katie Lyon, California (2016)
• Tamra Mills, Mississippi (2016)
• Josh Montero, California (2016)
• Stephanie Moorman, California (2016)
• Cristin Najera, North Carolina (2016)
• Dawn Rensel, Ohio (2016)
• Dottie Rutherford, Texas (2016)
• Laura Shaffer, Colorado (2017)
• Trecia Shales, Illinois (2016)
• Ellen Smith, Illinois (2017)
• Tiffany Tripp, Ohio (2017)
• Grit Walther, California (2016)
• Kathie Yonemura, California (2017)
What does it take to be a Walking Classroom Ambassador? Those named as Walking Classroom Ambassadors are chosen due to their successful implementation of the program. They also spread the word about The Walking Classroom by promoting it to others. In addition, they communicate with us regularly, sharing their invaluable insights and innovative ideas!
Recognition and Benefits
We highlight the Walking Classroom Ambassadors in our newsletter shortly after their selection. Then, we profile them in blog posts over the following months. But the recognition doesn’t stop there! These esteemed adopters continue to be recognized in The Walking Classroom’s print and electronic media.
Along with this recognition, there are other rewards. To celebrate them and to demonstrate our gratitude for all that they do for their students, for their schools, and for us, we send all Ambassadors an array of Walking Classroom supplies and promotional items! Included among these treasures is a Home Kit, complete with two WalkKits and a discussion guide. This is designed so students can take the program home. They can walk, listen, and learn with a parent!
And there’s more! Beyond these benefits, Walking Classroom Ambassadors have other opportunities. They can host a webinar tied to The Walking Classroom. In addition, they can receive material and financial support for presenting at conferences on behalf of The Walking Classroom!
Will You Be Next?
Over the past seven years, we have come to know many wonderful educators who have become adopters of our program. We know there are plenty of other great adopters (and potential Walking Classroom Ambassadors) out there!
Because this initiative recognizes a select group of teachers and out-of-school adopters annually, now is your chance! Could you be one of our next Ambassadors?
Do you regularly . . .
- go above and beyond in your dedication to your profession?
- demonstrate best practices in your implementation of The Walking Classroom?
- promote The Walking Classroom beyond your school/site?
- respond to all of our communication and surveys?
- share insights and ideas with us via email and/or social media?
If so, you may qualify to be one of the 2018 Walking Classroom Ambassadors! Go for it!
It’s easy to apply. Simply complete and submit the Ambassador Application Form by Friday, May 4, 2018. Maybe you will be among the next group of Walking Classroom Ambassadors selected!
In the meantime, we’d like to say thanks! We appreciate your continuing involvement with The Walking Classroom AND all you do for your students too! You are amazing!