Searching for a podcast on The Walking Classroom mobile app so that your students can walk, listen, and learn? You’re in luck, because navigating the app is easy! Not only can you find a podcast to suit your curricular needs, you can find plenty of other useful information as well!
Finding a Podcast
Simply select a main category from the Home Screen and then scroll downward through the subcategories to find the perfect podcast for your lesson.
Or, use the keyword search feature on the “All Podcasts List & Search” page to quickly find exactly the topic you need.
Exploring a Podcast Page
Since each podcast also supports health literacy and social and emotional learning, you’ll also see:
- The podcast summary with a quick overview of the podcast’s content
- The specific health message the podcast addresses
- The character value that is woven throughout the podcast narrative
- Several discussion questions about the podcast topic and the character value that will promote active listening and drive great conversations
. . . and Finding Your Way Around the App!
The pop-out side menu can help you navigate around The Walking Classroom mobile app, connecting you to other important information.
From that menu you can access the following: (NOTE: If you’re using the web-based version of the app, the side menu is a bit different.)
- Introduction to The Walking Classroom – Whether you (and/or your students) are experiencing The Walking Classroom for the first time or needing to review the guidelines for safe and effective walking, listening, and learning, start by having a listen to this informative introductory podcast!
- All Podcasts List & Search – Find the podcast you need via the search bar at the top of the page or the complete (alphabetical) listing of The Walking Classroom mobile app’s podcasts!
- About The Walking Classroom – Learn a little bit about The Walking Classroom, the award-winning nonprofit research-based AND
research-supported program that capitalizes on the favorable link between exercise and cognitive function!
- Why walk while listening? – Discover the benefits of listening while walking! Review the results of two studies by researchers at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill on the impacts of The Walking Classroom program.
- Troubleshooting and FAQ’s – Get troubleshooting tips and the answers you need to your app-based questions!
- Podcast Control – Use this to get back to the podcast you’re listening to if you navigate away from it while it’s playing.
- Contact Us – Have other questions about the program? Find out how to reach us!
Leave a Reply