In 2016, we identified eleven adopters as our first Walking Classroom Ambassadors. Since then, we’ve named eleven more! Now, we are looking for additional adopters to add to this group.
Who Are The Walking Classroom Ambassadors?
The current Walking Classroom Ambassadors include the following teachers and out-of-school time professionals. As you can see, they come from all over the United States!
- Toni Armijo, New Mexico (2018)
- Nancy Carroll, Massachusetts (2016)
- Diane Denniston, Nebraska (2017)
- Holly Dent, Colorado (2016)
- Wendy Easler, Ohio (2018)
- Dr. Casey Ewy, Kansas (2017)
- Kari Lawson, Tennessee (2017)
- Katie Lyon, California (2016)
- Tamra Mills, Mississippi (2016)
- Josh Montero, California (2016)
- Stephanie Moorman, California (2016)
- Cristin Najera, North Carolina (2016)
- Dawn Rensel, Ohio (2016)
- Dottie Rutherford, Texas (2016)
- Amy Schott, North Carolina (2018)
- Laura Shaffer, Colorado (2017)
- Trecia Shales, Illinois (2016)
- Ellen Smith, Illinois (2017)
- Tiffany Tripp, Ohio (2017)
- Paula Venable, California (2018)
- Grit Walther, California (2016)
- Kathie Yonemura, California (2017)
What does it take to be a Walking Classroom Ambassador? First, these educators are chosen due to their successful implementation of the program. In addition, they spread the word about The Walking Classroom and they promote the program to others. Best of all, they communicate with us regularly, and they share their invaluable insights and innovative ideas!
Recognition and Benefits
After they are selected, we highlight the Walking Classroom Ambassadors in our newsletter. Then, we profile them in blog posts over the following months. But the recognition doesn’t stop there! These esteemed adopters continue to be recognized in The Walking Classroom’s print and electronic media.
Along with this recognition, there are other rewards. Wondering just what they are? To celebrate our Ambassadors and to demonstrate our gratitude for all that they do for their students, for their schools, and for us, we reward them materially too. We send them an array of Walking Classroom supplies and promotional items! Included among these treasures is a Home Kit, which is complete with two WalkKits and a discussion guide. With the Home Kit, students can take the program home. Then, they can walk, listen, and learn with a parent!
There’s more! Beyond these benefits, Walking Classroom Ambassadors have other opportunities. They can also receive material and financial support to present at conferences on behalf of The Walking Classroom. And, if they’d like, they can even host a webinar tied to The Walking Classroom!
Will You Be Next?
Since The Walking Classroom began, we have come to know many wonderful educators who have become adopters of our program. Still, we know there are plenty of other great adopters (and potential Walking Classroom Ambassadors) out there!
Because, this initiative recognizes a select group of teachers and out-of-school adopters annually, new folks can always apply. Now it is your chance! Could you be one of our next Ambassadors?
Do you regularly . . .
- go above and beyond in your dedication to your profession?
- demonstrate best practices in your implementation of The Walking Classroom?
- promote The Walking Classroom beyond your school/site?
- respond to all of our communication and surveys?
- share insights and ideas with us via email and/or social media?
If so, you may qualify to be one of the 2019 Walking Classroom Ambassadors! Go for it!
It’s easy to apply. Simply complete and submit the Ambassador Application Form by Friday, May 3, 2019. Who knows? Maybe you will be among the next group of Walking Classroom Ambassadors selected!
In the meantime, we’d like to say thanks! We appreciate your continuing involvement with The Walking Classroom, as well as all you do for your students! You are amazing!