The article is part of our series of blog posts featuring each of the individuals and/or organizations selected for the National AfterSchool Association’s Most Influential in Health and Wellness for afterschool. The Walking Classroom proudly sponsored the competition because of our strong belief in the value of afterschool programs and the importance of promoting healthier lifestyles for all kids.
Our next honoree is:
Center for Collaborative Solutions
The Center for Collaborative Solutions is passionately committed to helping afterschool programs achieve their goals by creating powerful visions, developing capable leaders and high performing teams, constructing authentic partnerships and implementing approaches and solutions that build the capacity of programs to help children and young people succeed in all areas of their lives.
They do this by:
- Designing and implementing grant-funded afterschool initiatives that focus on specific areas, such as leadership development, improved health and sustainable funding
- Partnering with other organizations to support the field
- Providing direct support through coaching, mentorship and consultation
- Developing, field testing and supporting the implementation of exemplary practices
- Integrating theory, research and practical experience into our work
- Publishing articles, delivering keynote speeches, presenting workshops and creating resources
Selections were made by NAA based on strong advocacy for and support of health and wellness in afterschool. Those selected represent individuals and organizations whose service, action, and leadership align with and support the NAA Healthy Eating and Physical Activity (HEPA) Standards and affect large numbers of youth, families, or afterschool professionals.