The Walking Classroom is used in thousands of classrooms and after-school programs across the country. Teachers and out-of-school time facilitators who incorporate the program into their instruction benefit from:
- The opportunity to simultaneously improve the health and build the knowledge base of their students
- Free online training
- Free supplemental resources including videos, slide decks, and more.
- Access to The Walking Classroom Blog, which provides teachers a platform to participate in a virtual Professional Learning Community to share best practices
- Free online Professional Development class during the summer
- Some fresh air and exercise each time they walk!
If you are a classroom teacher in a public school, The Walking Classroom Institute may be able to provide you with a classroom set of donated materials at no cost to you. A donated set of materials will contain the benefactor’s name and logo.
How to Apply
To apply for a donated set of materials, teachers must fill out a brief application and agree to the following terms:
- Commitment to use the program as designed at least 2 times per week throughout entire school year (3 or more times a week is even better!)
- Prompt completion of online training
- Grant award publicity (social media, school website, local media, etc.)
- Prompt completion of all teacher and student surveys (3 total throughout the year )
- Handwritten thank you letters from students and teacher to benefactor
- Submission of digital photos of students using The Walking Classroom (appropriate photo releases are the responsibility of the teacher)
- Brief media event with benefactor at the school and/or press release announcing the gift (if requested by the donor)
- Distribution of supplementary take-home materials (if provided by the donor)